Project 52: Topic of the Week (Original discussion)

Ooh look, a handy place to keep personal projects without them getting lost in the main photo thread..
Richard Olpin
Site Admin
Distinctions: LRPS

Re: Group project for 2012?

Postby Richard Olpin » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:44 pm

Hmm, see the whole idea of the advent calendar project was to get people into the swing of things and try to encourage them to get on here..

Given that it rathere fizzled out for most people and only Gay and myself actually stuck to it as planned I'm not exactly brimming with confidence that it's going to get out the starting blocks at the moment! :lol:

I'll do one of my photo newsletter things later and remind everyone to get on here ASAP and check in.

Still, I'm in whatever so I say we crack on and get at least the start of a list finalised. I'm wondering if we should start out with a top 20 or something as definites to crack on with and fill in the gaps later, or just stick them all in one big list and thrash it out..

One thing which I think would be good it to try and make one topic per month something we could do as a social/walkabout thing. Plenty of options there and a great way to keep

Gay will be out of the country until the end of January so may be incommunicado during that time but she can still join in on her return.

Richard Olpin
Site Admin

Postby Richard Olpin » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:58 pm

I've put all the suggestions so far into a spreadsheet and highlighted the ones where we've got at least two of us in agreement already so I'd say those 20+ are definites. [Edit: now updated plus the other obvious ones]

Richard Olpin
Site Admin

Postby Richard Olpin » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:26 pm

Right, there's #1 done for me.

Freezing movement.

Gay Gilmour

Re: Group Project 2012 - Topic of the Week

Postby Gay Gilmour » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:29 am

I may be on holiday but I need to focus and have a short time goal any pointers?

christine lewis

Postby christine lewis » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:28 pm

Ok so I know im late i blame the blondness but im getting on to the case and will join you guys x

Richard Olpin
Site Admin

Postby Richard Olpin » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:31 pm

I may be on holiday but I need to focus and have a short time goal any pointers?
Do some little mini projects like the '30 pics in 30 mins' type thing?

Richard Olpin
Site Admin

Postby Richard Olpin » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:58 pm

Looking forward to day out in Clevedon with Letty tomorrow.. Hoping to give the 10-stop filter a workout :)

christine lewis

Postby christine lewis » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:32 am

Are we all following the same topic each week or is it pick your own?
Ive nicked the freezing movement for my first topic a bit rushed as trying to catch up but week 1 under the belt, now on to week 2 x

Richard Olpin
Site Admin

Postby Richard Olpin » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:29 pm

Are we all following the same topic each week or is it pick your own?
Pick your own, definitely. Do any topic you like at any time and just check them off the list as you go. The whole idea though is to try and do as many of them as you can through the year, but obviously if you get any other ideas which might be worth adding to the list, mention them in here too!
Ive nicked the freezing movement for my first topic a bit rushed as trying to catch up but week 1 under the belt, now on to week 2 x
I've got some nice sunsets & stuff from yesterday's trip down to Clevedon to see Arleta. Just doing some quick edits then I'll post some up..

Richard Olpin
Site Admin

Postby Richard Olpin » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:56 pm

Well, I did it. Didn't manage to do 52 *different* topics, but I did do about 45 from the original list (plus a couple more I added as I went along). Pretty happy with that..

Return to “Projects”