Time to start thinking about another project then, last year I did a pic-a-day, this year I've done a shoot/theme of the week. I'd like to do something similar for next year, but it would be a lot more fun if a few more people got involved.
I'd love to hear some ideas.
Here are a few of mine for starters:
- The best camera is the one in your hand - a genuine 365, one pic for every day of the year. Any subject, taken with any camera, mobile phones, compacts, webcam, SLR. It's all about seeing a possible shot and taking it. Every day.
- Topic of the week - As I've done this year. Each week you post a set of 7 shots of one subject/location. I think I'd like to add a provision that they don't all have to be taken during one shoot as long as the theme is consistent.
- Topic of the week 2, everyone can suggest topics, we stick them all into the mix and choose one per week which we all shoot.
- Topic of the week 3 - as above, except you can choose any topic from the list for your set each week, aiming to do all of them at some point during the year. (I like this idea a lot, and we could include some group shoots / walkabouts etc.)
- Topic of the week - As I've done this year. Each week you post a set of 7 shots of one subject/location. They don't all have to be taken during one shoot.
- Monthly photo competition - We pick a theme, post some pics and then whoever picked the theme chooses the winner (or a top three which we vote on). The winner chooses next months topic.